ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The University of New Mexico men’s soccer team learned its tournament fate on Monday morning as the NCAA’s Men’s Soccer Tournament Selection show revealed the Lobos will stay in Albuquerque to begin the NCAA post season. New Mexico will face either William & Mary or George Mason in the second round of the 2013 NCAA Tournament on Sunday, November 24 at 5 p.m. (MT) at the UNM Soccer Complex. UNM is the seventh overall seed in the NCAA Tournament, which is the second-highest tournament seed in program history.
Tickets are now on sale. Prices are $10 for adults and $5 for children and UNM students. Parking for the NCAA Tournament match will be $5 per vehicle.
The New Mexico Lobos, the 2013 Conference USA regular season champions, are the seventh overall seed for the tournament with a record of 11-5-2. The 2013 season marked the third-straight season of ten or more wins for UNM. The Lobos have had at least ten wins in eight of its last nine seasons. Coach Fishbein and the Lobos tied a program record by taking home 13 all-conference awards in their first season in Conference USA.
Coach Fishbein and the Lobos will face either the William & Mary Tribe of the Colonial Athletic Association or the George Mason Patriots of the Atlantic 10. The Patriots are the Atlantic 10 champions after beating Saint Louis on Sunday. The Tribe were ranked 21st in the nation, but lost to Drexel in the CAA Championship.
Tickets are already on sale. There are plenty ways to get your Lobo Soccer tournament tickets, which include:
- In person at the Lobo Ticket Office in The Pit Monday -Friday from 8:30 am-5 pm
- In person at the UNM Bookstore Ticket Office Tuesday - Friday 10 am-6 pm, Saturday 12 pm-4 pm and Sunday 12 pm – 4 pm.
- In person at all Albertsons Supermarkets Ticket Outlets will be selling NCAA Men’s Soccer tickets. Hours of operation for Albertsons Supermarket Ticket Outlets Sunday - Saturday 9 am-8 pm. Click here for locations: http://www.unmtickets.com/albertsons
- Online at www.unmtickets.com. There is no print at home option for soccer, tickets will be left at will-call.
- Available for purchase at the Women’s Basketball game vs. Texas on Tuesday, November 17 at The Pit.
- The Lobo Pride Pass is not valid for entry at a NCAA Tournament match