Jan. 11, 2013
WOODLAND, Calif. – The Mountain Pacific Sports Federation released its men’s soccer Academic All-ConferenceTeam, and the University of New Mexico placed eleven Lobos on the team. UNM trailed only Denver who placed twelve on the team. The academic all-conference awards are the culmination of an offseason full of academic honors, which included a NSCAA Scholar All-American and a Capital One Academic All-American.
Lobos on the Academic All-MPSF Team:
- Travis Campbell – Senior – Phoenix, Ariz.
- Matthew Gibbons – Sophomore – Rotorua, New Zealand
- Michael Kafari – Junior – Accra, Ghana
- Nick Miele – Sophomore – Albuquerque, N.M.
- Adrian Mora Delgado – Sophomore – Alajuela, Costa Rica
- Lawrence Robledo – Junior – Albuquerque, N.M.
- James Rogers – Sophomore – Sierra Leone
- Levi Rossi – Senior – Denver, Colorado
- Victor Rodriguez – Senior – Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Blake Smith – Senior – Boerne, Texas
- Kyle Venter – Junior – Aurora, Colorado
Mora Delgado, Rogers, Rossi, Rodriguez and Venter were recipients of academic awards earlier this offseason. Mora Delgado and Rogers were members of the Capital One Academic All-District Team. Rodriguez was a member of the NSCAA Scholar All-Region Team.
Levi Rossi repeated as a Third Team Capital One Academic All-American. He was also a member of the Capital One Academic All-District and the NSCAA Scholar All-Region teams.
Kyle Venter took home a pair of academic awards from the NSCAA. He was a Scholar All-Region Team member as well as a NSCAA Scholar All-American.
The Lobos only placed seven on the Academic All-MPSF team last season with Campbell, Kafari, Robledo, Rossi, Smith and Venter repeating as academic all-conference team members.