Feb. 18, 2011
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M--- The No. 61 Lobos picked up another win Friday afternoon at the Linda Estes Tennis Complex. After a tough weekend in Tucson, Ariz. last week, New Mexico came home to claim another victory, overpowering the UT-San Antonio Roadrunners 5-2.
The Lobos earned the first point of the day, taking 2 of 3 doubles matches. New Mexico's no.1 doubles duo of Jadon Phillips and Phil Anderson tallied the first win against San Antonio, 8-4. Carl Ho and Conor Berg followed suit, beating their opponents 8-5.
New Mexico's singles also had a successful day, taking the advantage early after securing three wins in a row.
Joe Wood led the pack in singles finishing first after a difficult but well played match against Pedro Zanotelli. The Lobo senior took the match 6-2, 6-3. Placing the match in the Lobos hands was Conor Berg's 7-6, 7-5 victory over Max Stratmann. New Mexico's No. 1 singles player Jadon Phillips, also posted a well earned win on Friday beating out his roadrunner opponent, Martin Ayala 4-6, 6-2, 6-2.
Next up: The Lobos will take on Northern Arizona and Abilene Christian on Feb. 26. The first match will start at 9:30 a.m. at the Linda Estes Tennis Complex.
UNM 5 - UTSA 2
1. Jadon Phillips (UNM) def. Ayala (UTSA) 4-6, 6-2, 6-2
2. Junger (UTSA) def. Carl Ho (UNM) 6-3, 6-3
3. Brown (UTSA) def. Phil Anderson (UNM) 4-6, 6-3, 7-5
4. Conor Berg (UNM) def. Stratmann (UTSA) 7-6, 7-5
5. Joe Wood (UNM) def. Zanotello (UTSA) 6-2, 6-3
6. Mads Hegelund (UNM) def. Moser (UTSA) 6-3, 6-2
1. Phillips/Anderson (UNM) def. Ayala/Zanotelli (UTSA) 8-4
2. Ho/Berg (UNM) def. Brown/Junger (UTSA) 8-5
3. Stratmann/Kilgo (UTSA) def. Wood/Neeld (UNM) 7-8 (4-7)