March 25, 2011
Lobos Come Up Short Against Nebraska Lobos drop 5-2 decision to Cornhuskers
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.--- The University of New Mexico men's tennis fell to 11-6 Friday as they were defeated by the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The Cornhuskers claimed the match by winning 5 of 6 singles matches after the Lobos took the doubles point early in the day.
New Mexico started off solid winning doubles matches on courts 2 and 3. The tandem of Jadon Phillips and Phil Anderson defeated their Nebraska opponents in a close match 9-8. On the no. 3 court Carl Ho and Joe Wood downed their opponents 8-6.
In singles, the Lobos tallied their only win from Junior Carl Ho. Ho, playing in the no.4 spot, trumped Cornhusker Tom Blackwell in a two set match 6-3, 6-4.
The Lobos will continue play on Sunday March, 27 as they host Fresno St. The match will begin at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday at the Linda Estes Tennis Complex.
1. Aumueller/Lindheim (UN) def. Berg/Dunbar (UNM) 8-3
2. Phillips/Anderson (UNM) def. Paar/Florczyk (UN) 9-8
3. Ho/Wood (UNM) def. Stenger/Schulze (UN) 8-6
1. Christopher Aumueller (UN) def. Jadon Phillips (UNM) 6-3, 6-4
2. Calin Paar (UN) def. Ben Dunbar (UNM) 6-4, 6-2
3. Benedikt Lindheim (UN) def. Phil Anderson (UNM) 7-6, 4-6, 6-3
4. Carl Ho (UNM) def. Tom Blackwell (UN) 6-3, 6-4
5. Andre Stenger (UN) def. Conor Berg (UNM) 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
6. Sebastian Florczyk (UN) def. Joe Wood (UNM) 7-5, 3-6, 7-6