ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - The New Mexico athletic marketing department is inviting local middle and elementary schools to participate in Pen Pals!, an exciting youth program that has been created to assist children by improving their writing skills, developing relationships with older people whom they may consider role models and establishing an avenue to build their self-esteem.
For an order form to enlist your school in the program, please click here:
For a ticket order form, click here:
UNM will assign a classroom to a member of the Lobo baseball team and the students will correspond with that Lobo student-athlete during the course of the season. The program will culminate with a visit to UNM when the students will have the chance to cheer for the Lobos and meet the Lobo student-athlete after the UNLV game on May 12th.
Please mail or fax back the order form to by Monday, March 19, so the department has enough time to correspond with the schools before the actual Pen Pal day. UNM will confirm the classroom's participation via fax or phone call. In the meantime, please contact Antoinette Vernon with any questions at (505) 925-5608.
UNM Marketing Contact: Antoinette Vernon, Marketing Assistant
Phone: (505) 925-5608
Fax: (505) 925-5609
UNM Marketing Department
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
- This program has been created to assist children by improving their writing skills, developing relationships with older people whom they may consider role models, and establishing an avenue to build their self-esteem.
- UNM will invite local middle and elementary school children to exchange letters with the team, 1 or 2 classrooms per student athlete.
- First letter packets will include an introduction letter, a favorites list, a team poster, schedule cards and a group order form to request tickets for the May 12th game.
- Players will be asked to write a second letter once their classroom has responded and the tickets along with additional information for the game will be mailed with this letter.
- The program will culminate with a visit to the UNM campus on May 12 to attend the game vs. UNLV at 12 p.m.
- A private autograph session will be held for these classrooms after the game.