May 25, 2006
· New Mexico advances to face UNLV tonight at 7 p.m. with the winner moving on to the semifinal round.
· After going up 6-0 in the fifth inning, the Lobos gave up four runs to the Utes in the sixth inning and three more runs in the seventh inning to fall behind, 7-6. UNM then scored five runs over the next two innings to retake the lead and claim the victory.
· New Mexico scored in eight of nine innings vs. Utah. The Lobos failed to plate a run in their half of the fourth inning. UNM scored three runs in the second and seventh innings, respectively.
· Eight of the nine UNM batters had multiple hits today. The Lobos totaled 23 hits as a team.
· Utah's first three hitters went a combined 9-for-14 vs. New Mexico. The rest of the order went 5-for-24. Bret Baldwin led Utah, going 4-for-5 with two RBI and two runs scored.
· Ryan Khoury finished his career ranking in the top-five in several categories in the MWC career records, including at bats (second - 852), hits (second - 291), games started (third - 210), runs scored (tied for third - 200) and games played (fifth - 211).