Nov. 30, 2008
- The Lobos fall to 3-3 on the season after dropping a 67-55 game to VCU tonight.
- New Mexico used its third different starting lineup tonight, going with junior Roman Martinez, sophomores Jonathan Wills and Dairese Gary and freshmen Phillip McDonald and A.J. Hardeman.
- Lobos were 0-3 and turned the ball over in six times in their first nine possessions to trail 10-0 before Chad Toppert hit a 3-pointer at the 14:47 minute mark to put them on the board.
- New Mexico trailed 26-17 in the first half, but finished the first frame with a 15-5 run to take a 32-31 lead at the break...UNM has led at the half in all six games this season.
- UNM shot a season-low 39.6% from the field
Freshman Nate Garth
- season-high 12 points on 5-8 shooting
- season-high 28 minutes
- two points, three assists and two steals in 21 minutes
- suffered a cut over his right eye in the first half that required six stitches at halftime...played the second half
- season-high five rebounds and three blocks in 12 minutes
- off the bench for 11 points and eight rebounds
- eight rebounds tied a career-high
- went 2-5 from 3-pt. range
- 198 career 3-pt. FGs passes Kevin Henry (1998-00) for fifth all-time at UNM
- needs 10 more to pass Charles Smith (1994-97) for fourth place
- only had two points before fouling out for just the second time in his Lobo career