Feb. 20, 2013
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - University of New Mexico Athletics is partnering with the "Read To Me" campaign to help provide children's books to youth throughout the state of New Mexico. At home women's basketball and baseball games, Lobo fans can bring new or gently-used children's books and receive free admission to a game. There will be a volunteer collecting books in the northeast corner of The Pit on Saturday beginning at 5pm.
The home events included in this opportunity are:
- Women's Basketball - Saturday, February 23 at 6 p.m. versus Colorado State in The Pit
- Baseball - Saturday, March 30 at 1 p.m. versus San Diego State at Isotopes Park
- Baseball - Wednesday, April 17 at 6 p.m. versus New Mexico State at Isotopes Park
Interested fans can go to the ticket office at The Pit with their books and redeem their free tickets any time between now and any of the above three home events. The offer is also good the day of the game.
All donated books will go straight to children in our community through the Read To Me Drive. The campaign aims to:
- Join a city-wide effort in Albuquerque to collect 50,000 new and gently-used children's books.
- Distribute all books to local elementary students from low-income families.
For more information about this drive, contact Paula Delap-Padilla at (505) 848-1334.