Dec. 9, 2009
- The last 9-0 beginning for UNM was in 1995-96 when it started 10-0.
- The best start for a Steve Alford-coached team at the Div. I level is 10-0 at Southwest Missouri State (now Missouri State) in 1996-97. His 2000-01 Iowa squad started 9-0.
- New Mexico is 17-13 on the road under third-year head coach Steve Alford, 3-0 in 2009 ... UNM was 14-60 on the road in seven seasons before Alford arrived.
- Under Steve Alford, New Mexico is 26-1 when scoring 80 or more points ... the only loss was 82-80 to Utah in overtime in the quarterfinals of the 2008 MWC Tournament in Las Vegas.
- Largest Lobo deficit of the season was 30-20 at 4:34 in first half ... turned into a 24-point turnaround at 78-64 with 0:58 left in the game with a Lobo 14-point lead.
- Trailed at halftime, 34-32, for only second time this season ... down 36-35 at Hawai'i.
- Fewest points in 1st half this season (32) ... scored 33 against Louisiana Tech.
- Best shooting night of the season - 51.9% from the field, 66.7% from three-point range ... last game shooting better than 60% from behind the arc was vs. San Diego State on Feb. 21, 2009 (62.5%, 10-16) ... shot 76.2% from field in second half (16-21), 77.8% from three-point range (7-9).
- Tied for most 3-pointers made in a game this season, 12 of 18 ... Lobos were 12 of 26 at NMSU on Nov. 17.
Senior Roman Martinez
- Career-high 26 points, 20 in the second half ... old mark was 24, last at NMSU on Nov. 17, 2009 ... tied career field goals made with 8
- Career-high 8 three-pointers, ties for third on UNM career single-game list ... old mark was 5, four times over his career ... was 8-9 from the field, tying best single-game career mark of 88.9% (by Clayton Shields vs. TCU on Jan. 5, 1998; 8-9 for 88.9%)
- Fifth consecutive game with 15 or more points
- Martinez and Gary combined for 36 of 50 Lobo points in the second half
Junior Dairese Gary
- Career-high points 21 points, 16 in the second half ... one over old mark of 20, twice in his career ... tied career field goals made with 7
Sophomore Phillip McDonald
- Season-high 5 rebounds
Redshirt Freshman Curtis Dennis
- Matched his season-high with 5 points
Junior Darington Hobson
- Season-high 7 assists
- It was the first time Hobson did not score in double figures this season (9 points)