Nov. 27, 2010
TCU at New Mexico Postgame Notes
Albuquerque, N.M. - University Stadium - Saturday, November 27, 2010
- DeShawn Mills forced a first quarter fumble and it was recovered by Spencer Merritt. It was the first career force and recovery for each of them.
- UNM allowed 24 points in the first quarter, the fourth time this season that they allowed at least 20 in the opening stanza, and the sixth time it happened this year. The 21 points in the third marked the seventh time it happened as they gave up 21 points.
- James Aho's 27-yard field goal in the second quarter made him a perfect 14-for-14 in his career from inside 30 yards, and it was his 39th career field goal, two away from tying for second place on the career list. He ended up missing one kick all season combining field goals and extra points.
- Stump Godfrey scored on a pair of rushing touchdowns. Over the first 11 games, three Lobos, including Godfrey, were tied for the lead in rushing touchdowns with two. Godfrey's four TDs led the team.
- Joe Stoner's 35-yard fumble return with the longest defensive fumble return this season for New Mexico. Chris Hernandez had a 45-yard return on offense earlier in the season.
- Jacori Greer made his first career tackle a good one, a sack that forced a fumble and led to UNM's second touchdown of the game.
- Carmen Messina hit double-figure tackles for the seventh consecutive game.