Volleyblog - Rhoades and the Road
Courtesy: New Mexico Athletics  
Release:  10/11/2010
Courtesy: New Mexico Athletics

Sept. 28, 2010

Volleyblog-Fall 2010

Dear Lobo Fans,

This week for the Lobos was a rough one. Monday we were able to rest. We had school as usual then weights. We also had training table at Which Wich. It is a really good sandwich place near campus. Tuesday we went to class then headed to practice. We practiced for about two hours then headed over to Frontier for another training table. YUM!!!!

Wednesday was the day that we left for San Diego. Before we left we had a short practice. Once practice was over we headed to the airport. Our flight took off and we landed in San Diego around dinner time. We got in and then headed to dinner. It was a really good steak restaurant called Flemings. We arrive and in front of all of our seats are different quotes. My favorite was "Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the one on the back." We all ordered steak except Jade, she ordered a really good chicken. Amy Wong also wanted to try a lot of BBQ sauce at once, but little did she know it was really spicy and her mouth was on fire. After dinner we hopped into our mini vans and went to the hotel. We had our lobby meeting before bed discussing when breakfast was and when we were heading to practice. Then we all went to our rooms and went to bed.

Thursday was game day. We all got up and ate breakfast, cereal and bagels my favorite. After breakfast we headed to the gym for an hour practice. Practice flew by and we were heading to get a little snack before lunch. We then had an hour of study hall where we all worked on homework to keep up with school. At 3:00 we headed to lunch. We went to a good sandwich place called Jersey Mike's. We ate a good lunch and headed back to the hotel to get ready for the game.

We then left for the gym. We got in the locker room, got ready, and waited to run out. We sang the fight song and ran out. We started warm ups. About forty five minutes later it was game time. First whistle blew, we got the first point. The game went back and forth and we lost the first. Second game started and another ball scores, were close again. But we came up short and lost the second. We went in the locker room to get re-focused, ran out, and started again. The third game started and before we knew it the last whistle blew and we lost in three. We didn't do our best and it hurt us in the end. We got our stuff together and headed back to the hotel, we got pizza, and went to bed.

Friday it was Jordan's Birthday but lucky her we got up bright and early to fly back home. We landed in Albuquerque at 10:30 AM. Some girls were able to go to class and others went home. We had to be back at the gym at 2:45 PM for practice. Practice started and we went hard for about two hours. We then headed to weights. After our long day we went home and rested for our practice Saturday.

Saturday came and we had to be at the gym at 7:00 AM to watch film, then practice from 8-10:00. Another tough practice, but we got better for next week. We got done with practice and went home to study, rest, and get ready for the up coming week. The girls and I would like to thank everyone for your support. We all are working very hard for you and we appreciate everything that you have done for us, so THANK YOU for being apart of our program this year. God Bless.

Everyone's a Lobo Woof Woof Woof!!!

Ashley Rhoades #4

Saturday, August 22
7:00 PM - 
vs. Alumnae (Exhibition)
Friday, August 28
8:00 AM - 
at Belmont
3:00 PM - 
at Albany
Saturday, August 29
5:00 PM - 
at Ball State