March 5, 2004
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The No. 16 Harvard Crimson handed the No. 58 New Mexico men's tennis team (4-3) its second straight loss in as many days with its 6-1 win at Cambridge, Mass. Friday evening.
The Lobos' sole point came as they won two of three doubles matched. Senior Divan Coetzee and freshman Hiroud Akhavan won 9-7 at No. 2 doubles over Brandon Chiu and Mark Riddell. Senior Jasmin Hodzic and sophomore Henry Gers netted a 8-6 win at No. 3 doubles over Chris Chiou and Jack Li.
The Crimson swept the six doubles matches including No. 48 David Lingman's upset at No. 1 over No. 29 Divan Coetzee, winning 6-3, 6-4.
The Lobos take a day off before finishing their east coast road trip at No. 52 Brown in Providence, R.I. on Sunday at 11 a.m. EST.
1. No. 25 David Lingman/Jonathan Chu d. No. 46 David Kowalski/Ryan Stotland 8-4
2. Divan Coetzee/Hiroud Akhavan d. Brandon Chiu/Mark Riddell 9-7
3. Henry Gers/Jasmin Hodzic d. Chris Chiou/Jack Li 8-6
1. No. 48 David Lingman d. No. 29 Divan Coetzee 6-3, 6-4
2. Jonathan Chu d. David Kowalski 7-5, 6-0
3. Mark Riddell d. Hiroud Akhavan 6-2, 7-6
4. Cliff Nguyen d. Ryan Stotland 6-2, 7-5
5. Jack Li d. Jasmin Hodzic 6-3, 6-4
6. Chris Chiou d. Nick Ames 6-3, 6-0