March 28, 2011
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.--- The no. 45 Lobos fell in their second match of the weekend on Sunday at the Linda Estes Tennis Complex. The team hosted the no.51 Fresno State Bulldogs Sunday afternoon after competing against Nebraska earlier in the weekend. New Mexico is now 11-7 on the season after falling to both the Cornhuskers and the Bulldogs.
After losing the doubles point to the Bulldogs, the Lobos looked promising winning two singles points in a row. Jadon Phillips captured the first win on court 2, downing no.79 Remi Boutillier 6-1, 6-0.
Following right behind Phillips was Conor Berg on court 5. Facing Siddarth Alapati, Berg had little trouble in taking the match in two sets 6-0, 7-5.
Despite the tough weekend, the Lobos have the next match to look forward to where they will face MWC opponent San Diego State University. The match will be New Mexico's second conference match of the season and will kick off the final weeks of conference play for the team.
The match is slated to begin at 1 p.m. Friday April, 1 at the Linda Estes Tennis Complex.
#51 Fresno State 5 - #45 New Mexico 2
1. Remi Boutillier/Rikus de Villiers def. Ben Dunbar/Joe Wood 8-4
2. Jadon Phillips/Phil Anderson def. Jean-Charles Diame/Francis Alcantara 8-2
3. David Ayoun/Siddarth Alapati def. Carl Ho/Matt Neeld 9-8 (8-6)
1. Rikus de Villiers def. Ben Dunbar 6-2, 7-5
2. Jadon Phillips def. Remi Boutillier 6-1, 6-0
3. Francis Alcantara def. Carl Ho 6-4, 6-4
4. Jean-Charles Diame def. Phil Anderson 7-5, 6-3
5. Conor Berg def. Siddarth Alapati 6-0, 7-5
6. David Ayoun def. Joe Wood 6-4, 6-4