March 14, 2004
The University of New Mexico will host the University of Florida Saturday in the first round of the 2004 NCAA Women's Basketball Championship at The Pit/Bob King Court in Albuquerque. Game time is set for Saturday, March 20, at 7:00 p.m. (M.S.T.).Game time is set for Saturday, March 20, at 7:00 p.m. (M.S.T.). The Lobos, 23-7 and Mountain West Conference Tournament champs, are the No. 12 seed in the Midwest Region. The Gators are seeded fifth.
The other first-round game matches No. 4 seed Baylor against 13th-seeded Loyola Marymount. The LMU-Baylor game will tip-off 30 minutes after the conclusion of the New Mexico-Florida game at 7:00 p.m. (M.S.T.). Saturday's winners will meet Monday for the right to advance to the Sweet 16 in Norman, Okla.
Game time for Monday's game will be set following Saturday's contests.
New Mexico has won 11 straight games, tying a 26-year-old school record. The Lobos are making their fourth appearance in the NCAA Tournament, all since 1998 and all under current head coach Don Flanagan.
This is UNM's third straight tournament showing. Last year, New Mexico beat Miami (Fla.) and Mississippi State in The Pit before losing to Texas Tech in the Midwest Regional semifinal, also in Albuquerque.
Tickets are available:
1) Online at www.golobos.com; click on the red and blue NCAA logo
2) At the ticket office at The Pit starting Monday at 8:30 a.m.
There are no phone order sales!
* Tickets are $20 for adults and $12 for ages 18 and under and are for one session Saturday (2 games) and one session Monday (one game), a total of three games.
* Payment may be made by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa, Am Ex, Discover, etc.
* Tickets may not be refunded or exchanged.
* To request disabled seating, please call 505/925-5626.
* Every person, regardless of age, must have a ticket to enter the facility.
* Unless specifically authorized by the NCAA, tickets may not be offered in a commercial promotion or as a prize in a sweepstakes or contest.
* Tickets may not be sold above face value.
* For more information, phone 505/925-5626
* Parking is $5 per automobile in the public lots.