Nov. 24, 2010
New Mexico vs. Northwood - Postgame Notes
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - The Pit/Bob King Court - Albuquerque, N.M.
- New Mexico improves to 3-1 with a 78-56 victory over Northwood
- The Lobos have won 43 straight games when allowing less than 60 points. The last loss was 51-46 to Air Force on Feb. 22, 2006.
- UNM has won 14 straight non-conference home games. The last loss was to UTEP (73-60) on Jan. 6, 2009.
- Head coach Steve Alford is 387-210 in his 20-year career, 79-27 in his fourth season at New Mexico. He is 52-5 in The Pit in all games, 31-2 against non-conference competition at home.
- Attendance was 14,542
- New Mexico never trailed in the game for the second time this season.
- New Mexico led by as much as 24 points in the second half, its largest lead of the season and the third time this year they have led a game in the Pit by at least 20 points.
- Junior G Phillip McDonald made his 2010-11 debut tonight, and finished with team-highs for points (13) and rebounds (6). He scored a three on his first shot of the season less than a minute into the game on his first touch of the season. McDonald missed UNM's first three games with an injury to his right elbow. He has scored in double figures 31 times in his Lobo career.
- Senior G Dairese Gary tied a career-high with 5 steals. He also had 6 assists, giving him 402 for his career. Since the start of the 2008-09 season, UNM is 24-2 when Gary has 5 or more assists in a game. He scored 12 points and remains in 25th place on the UNM career scoring list with 1,047 points.
- Freshman Alex Kirk tied a season-high with 10 points on 5-6 FGs
- Freshman Cameron Bairstow scored a season-high 9 points (4-4 FGs, 1-2 FTs) in 10 minutes
- For the fourth straight game UNM improved its first half scoring output (32, 35, 36, 40) and its first half shooting percentage (.353, .429, .480, .571)
- All 10 Lobos that played in the first half had at least one rebound