ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The University of New Mexico men's and women's track and field team will be holding team tryouts on Wednesday, August 20 at 2 p.m. at the University of New Mexico’s Outdoor Track Complex.
After claiming the Mountain West men’s and women’s team titles indoors and the men’s championship outdoors in 2014, the Lobos are looking to add talent as it gears up for another title run in 2015.
In order to try out, all interested students will need to fulfill a list of requirements before arriving for their tryout, including:
- Full-time enrollment as students (12 credit hours) at UNM for the Fall 2014 semester.
- A signed paper from physician proving they have undergone a physical within the last calendar year (performed anytime from August 20, 2013 through August 20, 2014).
- Proof of health insurance (i.e., health insurance card or papers) from their health insurer.
- Registration with the NCAA Eligibility Center, including certified final amateurism, and a Member Number.
- Final transcripts from previous institution.
Students should arrive promptly for the tryout at 2 p.m. on Aug. 20, wearing appropriate attire and spikes. There will be no other tryout date offered.
At the tryout, there will be five events offered, including:
- Flying 30.
- 150- or 300-meter run.
- Standing long jump.
- Standing triple jump.
- 5-hop test.
Those who make the roster will be asked to stay near campus for a team meeting. It is suggest students bring a drink and snack for post-tryout.