ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – With the University of New Mexico’s football game vs. Air Force on Branch Field at University Stadium taking place Friday, a weekday, we remind everyone that parking around the stadium will be more congested because of school being in session and rush-hour traffic.
The game will kick off at 7:02 p.m. Mountain Time before a nationally televised audience on ESPNU.
The following parking plan will be in effect on game day:
- All parking lots at the Pit, except the overnight RV lot) will open at 1 p.m. to tailgaters.
- The Baseball East, Baseball South, Sunshine Terrace, Arroyo and Lobo Village lots will open at 1 p.m.
- Isotopes C lot will not be open to the general public for football parking until 5 p.m.
- Isotopes A and B lots will be open to tailgaters at 1 p.m.
- The Science and Technology Park lot will not be open to the general public for football parking until 4:45 p.m.
- CNM 1, 2 and 3 lots are closed to the general public.
- The Lobo Howl Zone will open at 4:30 p.m.
- The Lobo Prowl will take place at approximately 5 p.m.
- The Lot T Shuttle will run as normal, starting at 5 p.m. from the T lot at the corner of University and Lomas.
Two game promotions will take place Friday night. Former Lobo All-America Brian Urlacher will have his No. 44 retired during a halftime ceremony. UNM is offering “The Urlacher Ticket Special” to pay tribute to his No. 44 Lobo jersey. The special includes four general admission tickets, four regular hot dogs and for small soft drinks for $44. Only 444 of these special-purchase units are available – in person at the Lobo Ticket Office or online at www.unmtickets.com.
Also as part of Heroes Night, fans with a valid military ID can purchase Turquoise Level tickets for $10 each. The first 2,000 fans will receive a Heroes Night mini-replica Lobo helmet.
We ask that fans please prepare for the increased activity in the area and plan accordingly.