Air Force Post-Game Notes
at New Mexico, Nov. 8, 2013
· Air Force uses game captains. The captain for the New Mexico game is Briceton Cannada.
· Air Force extended its streak of scoring a rushing touchdown to 57 games which is the longest active streak in the nation. The streak dates back to Navy, Oct. 3, 2009.
· Air Force extended its school-record consecutive games scoring streak to 256 games dating back to a 13-0 loss to Mississippi in the 1992 Liberty Bowl. The streak is the fourth longest active streak in the nation and the ninth longest in NCAA history.
· Air Force blocked its fourth kick this season when Troy Timmerman blocked a PAT in the third quarter. The Falcons have recorded a block in four straight games dating back to San Diego State. The team has blocked two field goals and two PATs. Air Force has blocked 21 kicks in the Troy Calhoun era (2007-present). The breakdown is 10 field goals, nine PATs and two punts.
· Air Force junior LB Jordan Pierce, junior DL Robert Green and sophomore WR Garrett Brown each made the first start of their career.
· Freshman QB Nate Romine scored on a one-yard run in the first quarter to open the scoring for Air Force. Romine has scored a rushing touchdown in two straight games and three of the last four. He also recorded career highs in completions with 15, attempts with 23, yards passing with 188 and touchdown passes with three. Romine’s three TD passes are the most since Tim Jefferson threw for three Colorado State in 2011. The three TD passes tie as the most in the Troy Calhoun era (2007-present). The three TD passes also tie as the sixth most in school history. Romine had 10 consecutive completions at one point which is the fourth-most in school history and most since Shaun Carney had 11 straight vs. Navy in 2004.
· Sophomore WR Garrett Brown recorded his first-career receiving touchdown on a fourth-down play in the second quarter to pull the Falcons to within 21-14. Brown tied a career-high with five receptions.
· Freshman WR Jalen Robinette recorded a career-high four receptions and matched his career best with a touchdown reception.
· Senior RB Anthony LaCoste recorded his second straight 100-yard rushing game with 177 yards on 21 carries. The 100-yard game is his third this season. LaCoste also had a career-long 45 yard kickoff return.
· LaCoste set a school record for most yards rushing in consecutive games with 440 (263 vs. Army). Chad Hall set the previous mark with 423 in 2007 (256 vs. Colorado State and 167 vs. Wyoming).
· Junior DL Troy Timmerman recorded his second blocked kick this second with a blocked PAT in the third quarter. Timmerman also blocked a PAT vs. San Diego State.
· Sophomore TE Garrett Griffin recorded career highs in receptions with four and receiving yards with 56. Griffin scored the first touchdown of his career on a seven-yard reception to give Air Force a 28-27 lead in the third quarter.
· Junior specialist Will Conant tied a career-high with his 52-yard field goal. Conant has hit from 52 three times this season.