Streaks and Trends
*New Mexico dropped to 7-2 with an 80-63 loss to No. 13 Kansas at the Sprint Center.
* New Mexico has now hit a three-point shot in 737 consecutive games. The last without a make was when UNM went 0-for-8 on January 3, 1991 against Colorado State.
*UNM’s eight assists was a season-low. The previous low was 10 against Cincinnati.
*UNM was outrebounded 36-30.
* The Lobos trailed at the half 39-38. UNM is 7-0 when leading at the break, and they are now 0-2 when trailing at the half.
*UNM led for just 4:23 of the game, and Kansas led for the final 22:24.
*The 33.3 percent that UNM shot from the field was a season low (18-for-54). Previously, UNM shot 34.1 against UAB (going 31-for-91, the 91 being a Mountain West record for attempts.
Head Coach Craig Neal
* Craig Neal is now 7-2 as a head coach with New Mexico, and he is 1-1 on the road.
Senior F Cameron Bairstow
* Bairstow scored 24 points. Over his last five games he is averaging 20.2 points per game, and he has three straight 20-point games to his credit.
Senior G Kendall Williams
* Moved past Lamont Long for 11th place in career three-pointers attempted with 412 as he went 2-for-5 in the game. Lamont Long had 410 over his career.
*Williams has scored in double-figures in all nine games this season after scoring 24 against Kansas.
RS Junior C Alex Kirk
* Finished without a double-double for a third straight game after opening the season with six straight. First half foul trouble limited him to five points and five rebounds. He fouled out with 2:53 to go in the game.