ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The University of New Mexico is announcing a series of changes to the game-day structure associated with women’s basketball for the 2014-15 season.
The changes are designed to foster a greater fan experience and continue to enhance the relationship between the Lobo women’s basketball team and the New Mexico community.
“During the past season, we’ve studied ways to further integrate our fan base into the women’s basketball program,” said Paul Krebs, UNM Vice President/Athletics. “We believe the changes will benefit both our fans and the women’s basketball program.”
Among the changes that will take place:
- A reduction of season-ticket prices by five percent in all areas outside of Lobo Level.
- A reduction in Lobo Level season-ticket prices from $418 to $250.
- A reduction in the Lobo Club Donation levels to secure Lobo Level season tickets (from $200 to $100 for Lobo Level Row 1 and from $200 to $75 for Lobo Level Rows 2-4).
- A reduction in the Lobo Club Donation levels to secure chairback season tickets (from $100 to $50).
- An elimination of Lobo Club Donation levels in all areas outside of Lobo Level and chairback seats.
- Parking passes will be required in the TLC North 1, TLC North 2 and Pit West parking lots. All other lots, including Stadium West, now will be free of charge.
- The student section now will be located in Section Y, which is the same section as men’s basketball.
- Immediately after weekend games, members of the women’s basketball team will be available for autographs on the Lobo Level.
- Members of the women’s basketball team will take part in special delivery of season tickets. Season-ticket holders will be selected at random for the special deliveries.
In speaking with its task force, its fans and receiving feedback at its season-ticket-holder forum, along with communication with its women’s basketball program, UNM's goal is to continue the great tradition of community support for Lobo women’s basketball.
The 2014-15 women’s basketball team will look to deliver an exciting brand of basketball with an attractive non-conference home schedule that features games against Stanford, a 2014 Final Four team in the NCAA Tournament, and UTEP, a WNIT finalist.
Renewal deadline for women’s basketball season tickets is Aug. 13. For season tickets, call 505-LOBO, 925-1620 or (800) 955-HOWL. For single-game tickets, call 505-925-5858. Call 505-925-1620 for group tickets. Click here for more information on women’s basketball season tickets. Be a part of what promises to be an exciting season of Lobo women’s basketball!