April 30, 2013
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The University of New Mexico Athletic Communications Department has released the updated Women’s Basketball record book that includes the addition of numerous statistics and records. New categories featured in the update are freshmen records, individual Mountain West Tournament records, top bench scoring games and many more. Relive the pageantry and tradition of New Mexico Women’s Basketball with the record book.
Some of the facts you may not know about the women’s basketball program:
- Antiesha Brown’s 26 points off the bench at Air Force was the third highest scoring output by a Lobo reserve in program history. It was the biggest scoring game off the bench in over a decade since Jordan Adams scored 30 off the bench in the 1999-2000 season.
- Caroline Durbin leaves the program seventh all-time in career free throw percentage.
- Bryce Owens recorded 116 assists in 2012-13, which was the second most-ever by a Lobo freshman. Mandi Moore holds the record with 146 assists in her freshman season of 2001-02.
- Seven different Lobos are tied for the all-time winningest Lobos. Julie Briody, Timi E-Nunu, Katie Montgomery, Janna Francis, Abbie Letz, Lindsey Arndt and Mandi Moore all recorded 95 wins during their UNM careers.
- The program’s all-time opponent win record is versus New Mexico State. The Lobos’ 46 wins over the Aggies is the most with Colorado State right behind with 39 wins.
Recordkeeping is an on-going process. Any omissions or errors can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org