The mission of The University of New Mexico is to serve the educational needs of the citizens of the state, and those of the nation and world. This mission involves four (4) interrelated dimensions:
- The University develops and offers comprehensive educational programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctoral levels in a wide range of academic, professional, and occupational fields.
- The University, a designated Carnegie I research university, conducts research and engages in scholarly and other creative activities to support undergraduate, graduate, and professional educational programs, and to create, interpret, apply, and accumulate knowledge.
- The University contributes to the quality of life in New Mexico by providing selected services to the public that are part of, contribute to, or originate from the University's teaching and scholarly activity programs.
- The University Health Sciences Center is a valuable resource to New Mexico. Added value is provided to health care through leadership in providing innovative, collaborative education; advancing the frontiers of science through research critical to the future of health care; delivering health care services that are at the forefront of science; and facilitating partnerships with public and private biomedical and health enterprises.
Mission of UNM Athletics
University of New Mexico athletics is committed to student athlete success and competitive excellence by creating an inclusive environment, through recruiting, developing, and retaining quality people, providing a great fan experience, inspiring community engagement, and serving as a source of pride for New Mexico.
UNM athletics aspires to be the premier institution in the Mountain West Conference and recognized as a national leader in intercollegiate athletics with an international reputation for excellence.
• Student Athlete Experience - We provide an environment that promotes personal, academic, athletic, and social development. We prepare Lobos for Life!
• Integrity - We are honest, respectful, and accountable.
• Excellence - We maximize our efforts and talents to ensure success of the Lobos.
• Respect - We value the importance of diversity, fairness, goodwill and sportsmanship.
• Lobo Pride - We support an atmosphere that embraces school spirit, honors tradition, and develops Lobos for Life!