Oct. 14, 2011
STUDENT TICKET DISTRIBUTION DATES SET FOR LOBO BASKETBALL
If you are a Lobo student counting down the days until you can pick up your Lobo basketball tickets, the countdown is almost over. The first day of student distribution is Monday, Oct. 31 for Steve Alford's Lobo men and Yvonne Sanchez'sLobo women.
Student tickets for any and all Lobo women's games are available beginning on Oct. 31. The men's tickets have a few guidelines for University of New Mexico students to follow.
The two major changes from last year's distribution policy come from feedback from UNM students and student leaders who:
- 1-Prefer that the Lobo student section move from assigned seating to general admission.
- 2-Change from four to two, the number of tickets that a student can pick up on a distribution date.
"One of our goals this year was to improve the student ticket distribution system to guarantee that more students are able to attend games," said Jaymie Roybal, ASUNM president. "ASUNM is grateful for the athletic department's willingness to listen to student concerns and being open to changes in the ticketing system.
"We are confident that the changes we developed over the course of the last few months will be a benefit to the student body and the student athletes who represent the University of New Mexico so well."
The Lobo men open their season Nov. 1 in The Pit against Davenport. The Lobo women's home opener is Nov. 5 against New Mexico Highlands.
The Lobo student tickets are available to any UNM student taking six credit hours and in possession of a "red" Lobo card. A single student may bring two valid UNM "red" IDs and pick up two student tickets. A student who brings one valid UNM ID can pick up one student ticket and purchase a single guest ticket for $10. Again, this season the student section is general admission with no reserved seating.
Here are other guidelines for student ticket distribution and the distribution dates for Lobo men's basketball:
- Tickets can be picked up the Monday of game week starting at 8:30 a.m. at the Lobo Ticket Office at The Pit. Here are the distribution dates with a few special exceptions noted for games played when UNM is out of session during winter break. Students may pick up tickets for out-of-session games beginning on Dec. 5, during ticket office hours.
- Oct. 31: vs. Western New Mexico (11/1); vs. Davenport(11/5)
- Nov. 7: vs. New Orleans (11/12)
- Nov. 14: vs. New Mexico State (11/16)
- Nov. 28: vs. Idaho State (11/30); vs. Missouri State (12/3)
- Dec. 5: vs. Montana State (12/20)
- Dec. 5: vs. Missouri Kansas City (12-22)
- Dec. 5: vs. Saint Louis (12/31)
- Dec. 5: vs. Houston Baptist (1/3)
- Dec. 5: vs. North Dakota (1/7)
- Jan. 16: vs. San Diego State (1/18)
- Jan. 23: vs. Colorado State (1/25); vs. TCU (1/28)
- Feb. 6: vs. Wyoming (2/11)
- Feb. 13: vs. UNLV (2/18)
- Feb. 27: vs. Air Force (2/29); vs. Boise State (3/3)
There is another change to the student ticket policy as student tickets not acquired 48 hours prior to game day during the winter break will become available to the public. This policy is only in place for the games during the winter break and when the students are not in session. (Example: For a Lobo game on Friday, unclaimed student tickets go on sale to the public Wednesday morning).
The Lobos athletic department encourages students who are unable to use tickets to return them to the Lobo Ticket Office in The Pit as well as the UNM Bookstore Ticket Office.
"The changes in our student ticket policy at basketball reflect a collaborative effort with our students and student leaders," said Brad Hutchins, UNM's Associate Athletic Director for Marketing, Sales & Communications.
"We will continue to monitor and evaluate how our tickets are distributed and continue to solicit advice from the student community to make sure we are putting our students first. Our students create an unbelievable atmosphere and help make The Pit one of the best home-court advantages in the country."
Office Hours for The Lobo Ticket Office in The Pit:Mon.-Fri. from 8:30am-5:00pm
Office Hours for UNM Bookstore Ticket Office: Tue.-Fri. from 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat. 12:00pm-4:00pm