Postgame Notes: Colorado State vs. New Mexico
Sept. 3, 2011
*New Mexico wore white helmets for the first time since the final game of the 1965 season.
* New Mexico true freshman Zoey Williams recovered a fumbled punt in the first quarter on his first collegiate play.
* New Mexico's 27-yard touchdown with 12 seconds left in the first half was their first touchdown in an opener since 2005, against UNLV. It took 21 full quarters and 343:12 of clock time.
* New Mexico allowed 10 sacks in the game.
* Colorado State's Nordly Capi set an NCAA FBS record with four forced fumbles. The previous record of three was accomplished eight other times, the last by Cody Grimm in 2009 for Virginia Tech against North Carolina State.
* The 24 combined points were the second fewest in a home opener in the last 27 seasons. Only the 23 combined points in a 17-6 loss to Portland State in 2006 were fewer.
* James Aho inched closer to second on the career field goal list, hitting a 33-yarder in the second quarter. He now has 40, one behind Colby Cason and Bob Berg for second with 41.
* UNM is now 72-37-4 in home openers and 63-47-3 in season openers. In season openers at home, they are now 52-21-3.
* UNM has lost six straight season openers.