For Lobos Vs. Boise State -- Get Your Tickets Early
Sept. 24, 2012
NEW MEXICO LOBOS VS. BOISE STATE SHOULD ROCK UNIVERSITY STADIUM
The appeal of Saturday's Lobos football game with Boise State is almost perfect. The forecast calls for a gorgeous New Mexico fall day. The Lobos are coming off a rock-solid trouncing of Aggies.
And the opponent to open the 2012 Mountain West wars is Boise State - one of the premier programs in college football and the team picked to win the 2012 MW title.
The University of New Mexico also will honor Olympic bronze medal-winner and UNM alum Jarrin Solomon; the Eastdale All-Stars Little League World Championship softball team; the Young American Football League; and it's also American Indian Day.
The obvious message from all this is BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY!
"We encourage all our fans to get their tickets in advance for the Boise State football game. We are expecting a good crowd and we want to be proactive in letting our fans know the numerous ways that tickets can be purchased in advance as well as on game day," said Brad Hutchins, UNM's Associate AD for Marketing & Revenue.
TICKET PROMOTIONS: There also are two ticket promotions for the 4 p.m., kickoff with Boise State:
BUY EARLY: Here are the ways to avoid the last-minute rush and buy single-game tickets early:
1. In person at The Lobo Ticket Office in The Pit- Mon.-Fri. from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. By phone through The Lobo Ticket Office in The Pit at (505) 925-5858 or (800) 955-4695 Mon.-Fri. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3. By phone through our Lobo Customer Service Representatives at (505) 925-5743 or (505) 925-5625 Mon.-Fri. from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. In person at The UNM Bookstore Ticket Office- Tues.- Fri. from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sat. Noon to 4 p.m.
5. On line at www.unmtickets.com or www.GoLobos.com.
6. In person at all Albertson's Ticket Outlets, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. (seven days a week). Albertson's Locations
7. UNM Student Tickets with a valid I.D. and UNM Student Guest Tickets can be picked up and purchased in person at The Lobo Ticket Office in The Pit or the UNM Bookstore during normal business hours during the week. (see No. 1 & No. 4).
GAME DAY OPTIONS: If you make a last-minute decision to watch the Lobos battle Boise State on Branch Field, here are four game day ticket-buying options at University Stadium:
1. Northeast Ticket Office location at University Stadium opens at noon.
2. The Lobo Ticket Office in The Pit opens at 1 p.m. - as does the Lobo Den Store.
3. Northwest Ticket Office location at University Stadium opens at 2:30 p.m.
4. Southeast Ticket Office location at University Stadium opens at 2:30 p.m. for UNM Students Only.
Lobo fans are reminded - and encouraged - to participate in the Howl Zone and the Lobo Prowl. The Howl Zone is a free fun zone with activities and special guests. The Lobo Prowl is the procession leading through the tailgate area and into University Stadium. The procession includes the Lobo football team, the UNM Spirit Program and the UNM Marching Band.
THE HOWL ZONE HIGHLIGHTS
1. It's Free.
2. Opens at 1 p.m.
3. Events include three jumpers, face-painting, balloon-twister, autographs from Lobo student-athletes and special guest. It's also the site of the Lobo Radio Network Budweiser Tailgate Show.
4. Papa John's Pizza available for purchase.
5. Olympic Bronze Medalist Jarrin Solomon available for autographs.
6. The Eastdale All-Stars Little League World Championship softball team available for autographs 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
7. Lobo Softball Team available for autographs.
THE LOBO PROWL
The Lobo Prowl takes place at 1:50 p.m., so be there to meet your Lobo football team. When see your UNM football team buses coming off I-25, head to the corner of Avenida Cesar Chavez and University Blvd., to greet your 2012 Lobo Football Team, Spirit Program and the UNM Marching Band.
We ask that fans line up from the RV Overnight Lot (Pit North 1), in the Lobo Howl Zone, all the way to the Northwest Gate in anticipation of the Lobos' arrival at Branch Field at University Stadium. The players and coaches will unload from the buses and walk through the RV lot and through the Howl Zone as fans cheer them on. The Lobo Prowl concludes when the team enters the stadium through the Northwest Gate.
DON'T FORGET THE SHUTTLE!
The Lobo Shuttle is a great way to get to the stadium .The shuttle bus from Lot T (located at the southwest corner of University and Lomas) runs two hours before kickoff and drops off at the Stadium North lot. The cost is just $3 per person (round trip) and tickets are available the day of the game at the Lot T, (cash only accepted). The return shuttle runs for a reasonable amount of time after the completion of the game.
Also, the Lobo Courtesy Shuttles will roam the parking lots. UNM will have four golf carts roaming the stadium parking lots starting two hours before kickoff. The carts will serve as courtesy shuttles for fans that need a lift from their car to the stadium.
PARKING POLICY CHANGE!
The University of New Mexico is announcing a change in its car-pooling policy concerning the Stadium East lot during Lobo Football games.
All parking at the Stadium East lot (next to the Track and Soccer Complex and adjacent to Buena Vista Drive will cost $10. UNM no longer will give free parking in the East Lot to cars with four or more patrons.
However, UNM is opening two new lots for fan use in which the free car-pooling policy is in effect. The Lobo Village and I-25 Lots now will be available to Lobo fans. Those lots will charge $5 to cars with less than four people.
The change will take effect starting Saturday for UNM's Mountain West game against Boise State.
For more information, contact UNM Assistant Director of Communications/Football Greg Archuleta at 505-440-3366.