Dec. 10, 2012
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- The University of New Mexico football team has announced its Team Award Winners for the 2012 season (all but the Red Menace Award were based on votes solely by the members of the team).
- The Red Menace Award - Joe Stoner, senior linebacker
- Most Valuable Offensive Scout Award - Reece White, true freshman wide receiver
- Most Valuable Defensive Scout Award - Fatu Ulale, redshirt senior defensive lineman
- Chuck Cummings Most Inspirational Award - Matt Raymer, senior strong safety
- Clyde Hill Most Improved Player Award - Matt Raymer, senior strong safety
- Outstanding Special Teams Player Award - Chase Clayton, sophomore kick returner
- Reese Hill Most Valuable Offensive Player Award - Kasey Carrier, junior running back
- Col. H.J. Golightly Most Valuable Defensive Player Award - Dallas Bollema, junior linebacker
- Lobo Club/First Team Award for Unselfish Devotion to the Team - B.R. Holbrook, senior quarterback
- New Mexico Man Award - Matt Raymer, senior strong safety
- Bill Brannin Most Valuable Player Award - Kasey Carrier, junior running back
Also, collegefootballnews.com released its 2012 All-Freshman Team on Monday, and New Mexico quarterback Cole Gautsche
earned honorable mention honors.
The true freshman from Rio Rancho, N.M., rushed for 760 yards and seven touchdowns, and he completed 13-of-31 passes for 222 yards with two TDs and two interceptions this season for the Lobos. His 760 rushing yards were second on the team this season, the third most ever by a Lobo quarterback and the most ever by a Lobo freshman QB.